Stating science and philosophy is great, but how can efficacy be proven? Results. The wealth of evidence concerning the effectiveness of chiropractic can fill volumes. Listed are research results of some of the more comprehensive studies conducted.
- Chiropractic care is greatly superior to medical treatment in terms of scientific validity, safety, cost effectiveness and patient satisfaction. Manga Report, University of Ottawa
- After 12 months, the chiropractic treatment group showed greater improvement in the primary complaint as well as in physical function, with fewer visits.- Koes Clinical Trial – comparing the effectiveness of chiropractic with physical therapy for persistent back and neck complaints.
- 90% of chiropractic patients felt their care was effective. -1991 Gallup poll
- Chiropractic users tend to have substantially lower health care costs… and a reduction in the need for both physician and hospital visits. 1992 review of data from over 2 million chiropractic users, Journal of American Health Policy
- Spinal manipulation of the vertebral column in infants with infantile colic, constitutes an effective treatment of the condition. 94% of the cases were helped.
- 1989 study: Babies don’t “believe” in chiropractic, but it still works for them.
- Over 2 million chiropractic adjustments are given to satisfied patients every day.
What Society Thinks Effective
Typically the same individuals that claim chiropractic is quackery hold the medical establishment with the highest regard because of their “scientific” approach to health care. But just how effective are medical treatments for spinal problems?
Back Surgery – Studies reveal that a substantial number of patients fail to return to normal activity following low back surgery. Successful outcome (measured as relief of at least 50% of pain) 2 years after surgery was seen in only 34% of patients. Interestingly, another study monitored the results of individuals who were recommended for low back surgery, but decided against the procedure. After 3 years, 68% of these people had shown improvement.
It’s Your Choice
You have the facts. The choice is yours. Your health is yours and yours alone. You can choose to benefit with the millions who have already chosen chiropractic as an effective, natural, safe and cost-effective means of health care, or you can choose to miss out.
Only about 15% of medical interventions are supported by solid scientific evidence… partly because many treatments have never been assessed at all. – David Eddy, professor of health policy and management at Duke University.