When I started the Whole Life 180 plan, my first meeting was with Judy Nicassio, the certified nutritionist. I’ve worked with a nutritionist before, but I hit if off with Judy as she asked me for my date of birth and discovered that I’m 5 days older than her. The gal I worked with before was nice, but she was fresh out of college and she definitely couldn’t see things from my perspective.
Judy gave me the FirstLine Therapy book, “Your Journey to Better Health – a Step-By-Step Guide”. It walks you through self-discovery. As I mentioned in my last blog post, every body is different. Everyone’s story is different. Each person is unique.
As I was thinking back at my life-long weight-loss issues, I had an ah-ha moment.
None of the diet books that I’ve read helped me lose weight and keep it off!
I started going through the list… I’m sure this will bring back memories for some of you:
- “The Never-Say-Diet Book” by Richard Simmons (I’m sure some of you did some “Sweatin’ to the Oldies”)
- “The F-Factor Diet”
- “The Atkins Diet” (I actually lost a lot of weight with this one, but gained it back when I had a major life-change – moved from Florida to Arizona in 2005.)
- “Inflammation Nation”
- “The Plan”
- “Blood Type O” (Eating for your blood type? Made no sense whatsoever)
- “The Thyroid Solution Diet”
- “The South Beach Diet” & “The South Beach Gluten-Free”
- “Clean Cuisine” (This one made the most sense.)
- “The Thyroid Diet” (It just had to be my thyroid that’s not letting me lose weight!)
- “Cooking Well”
- “Losing Big”
- “Setting Boundaries with Food” (Like it’s the food’s fault it’s falling into my mouth.)
- “It Starts with Food”
- “This is Your Do-Over- 7 Secrets”
- “Natural Wonderfoods”
- “Eat to Live”
- “The Burn”
- “Eat Fat, Get Thin” (This one also, made a lot of sense.)
I’m sure I’ve missed some. There are 19 listed, so figure well over 20 books and I still gained the weight back!
That’s so frustrating!
Stop the Madness!
Isn’t the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results?
Reading book, after book, after book isn’t going to work.
Having a physician-guided plan will. Check out Whole Life 180.
Believe me. It’s works. In 1 month, while going through some major financial stress, (Watch for articles on managing stress!) I still managed to lose 8 lbs., 2 inches off my waist and 1 inch off my hips.
What are you waiting for? The next great diet book? Sorry, it’s not coming.
Go with what makes sense. Whole Life 180.
By Giselle Aguiar, From the View of the Patient
Top image from: www.dialysistechniciansalary.org.