More than 9 in 10 older adults have some type of chronic disease, and almost 8 in 10 have more than one; 2 in 3 adults over 60 have high blood pressure; So chances are, you’ll have one sooner or later. Your risk of getting diabetes goes up after you reach age 45.* Diabetes can lead to heart or kidney disease, blindness or loss of limbs. Healthy aging is possible if the causes of chronic symptoms are caught on time, if risks are identified early and proper lifestyle changes are made to prevent or even reverse your chronic conditions.
You deserve to feel better!
Functional Medicine Comprehensive Health Aging Screening at Holistic Health Solutions for people over 40:
Take charge of your current and future health
Yearly blood testing is a simple yet powerful strategy to help you proactively take charge of your current and future health. A well-chosen complement of blood tests can thoroughly assess your overall state of health, as well as detect the silent warning signals that precede the development of serious diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.
Many diseases and disorders are treatable when caught early, but can severely impair the quality and length of your life if left unattended. Identifying these hidden risk factors will enable you to implement powerful strategies such as proper nutrition, weight loss, exercise, supplements, and medications in order to prevent progression to full-blown, life-threatening diseases. Blood testing can also detect biochemical changes that threaten well-being and quality of life, such as declining levels of sex hormones.
Armed with information on important health biomarkers, we, your health coaches, can help you plan and execute a strategy to help you achieve and maintain vibrant health.
These tests provide an array of markers to help assess cardiovascular risk, metabolic function, electrolyte status, minerals important for bone health, plus liver and kidney function. As well as determine your risk of diabetes, autoimmune diseases, cancer, osteoporosis, and other chronic conditions.
- His/her blood panels – address cardiovascular health, hormone status, and general health.
- Chemistry, Complete blood count and Lipids
- Hemoglobin A1C – diabetes
- Homocysteine – risk factor for heart problems, osteoporosis and dementia.
- C-reactive protein – inflammation, risk for heart and autoimmune diseases.
- Vitamin D – risk for cancer and osteoporosis.
- DHEA – adrenal hormone adversely affected by stress.
- Estradiol, Free and total testosterone – diminishes with age reducing quality of life.
- Thyroid- lowers with age causing fatigue and weight gain
- IGF-1- growth hormone- maintain muscle, bone and heart health.
- Hormone panel: Women will get a progesterone test, Men will get PSA (prostate health) test
- Urine pH- measure acidity in the body which is a cancer risk and sign of a poor diet.
- Bone density ultrasound scan testing for osteoporosis.
- Health & longevity scan (BIA) – cellular health, body composition and metabolism.
- Blood pressure – standing and lying down – heart and adrenal health.
- Physical performance testing – 5 simple, non-strenuous tests that accurately assess for areas of improvement for physical functioning in aging.
- Figure-of-Eight walk test
- Timed “Up & Go” test
- Frailty and Injuries: Cooperative Studies of Intervention Techniques – 4 (FICSIT-4) balance test
- Chair-rise test
- Jamar dynamometer – tests the grip strength of your hands
- Diet and lifestyle analysis
Your Healthy Aging Screen includes 3, 30-minute appointments:
- Visit for the testing
- Follow-up with Dr. French to review results
- Skype call to review diet with nutritionist