40 pounds lost in 4 months! I NEVER want to see the 150s again! (Related: The Start of my Weight Loss Journey)
Weight loss is not easy.
Think about it. It took some years of bad food, exercise and lifestyle choices to get you as unhealthy as you are today. It’s going to take some effort and lifestyle changes on your part to lose the weight and get healthy.
Here are a few tricks that will help you with your weight-loss journey:
- Apple cider vinegar (ACV): 2 tbs. in water before meals and before bed time. Helps neutralize blood glucose levels. I add a 1/4 tsp. powdered ginger and a 1/4 tsp. of baking soda. The ginger helps reduce inflammation and the baking soda helps with your gut health.
- Turmeric and camomile tea: Who would have thought? Turmeric helps reduce inflammation, but along with the camomile, not only relaxes you before bed, but works over night as a detox! Add some coconut milk & the fat in the milk makes the turmeric work better. Note: take the ACV about 1.5 hours before bed and the tea about 30 minutes before bed.
- Detox tea: besides the nightly mixture, I take some detox tea during the day. We are unavoidably bombarded by toxins daily.
- Magnesium: I took 2 at night and one in the morning during the summer and now that’s I don’t sweat as much, 1 each. It helps you “poop good” as Dr. French puts it.
- Supplements in general: Depending on your particular health issues, you may need to take some supplements. Consult Dr. Jensen or your naturopathic doctor. Don’t try to figure it our on your own!
- Green tea: Coffee increases my joint pain, so I need to get my caffeine from green tea. There are so many tasty mixtures to choose from. I don’t drink it after 3 pm if I can help it.
- Learn how to cook: And cook with organic foods as much as possible.
- Resign yourself to never eat processed foods again! Think of them as poison or that you have a major allergic reaction. (Related: Read food labels)
- Stop eating sugar.
- Avocados: At least one a day.
HOWEVER, Just doing these 10 things isn’t going to get the scale to move unless you eat right, eat less and exercise regularly! These tips are just ways to help move the process along. For instance, taking the ACV 3 times a day won’t work if you’re still eating ice cream for desert. (Related: Sugar is the Culprit)
Therefore, now that I’ve reached my weight-loss goal, I’m not going to back to my old ways. I can’t!
I’m so much healthier!
Why would I want to go back to pain and suffering?
Moreover, today, my objective is getting toned, stronger and building endurance. I’m taking longer and more strenuous hikes. I’m sure that as I build muscle, the scale might not move downward so much, but I’ll lose inches and my BIA will show more lean body mass.
Living with your symptoms is not living!